Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 The deadline for eligible Fortnite players to submit a claim for the Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 against Epic Games has been extended to February 29, 2024. The FTC accused Epic of violating COPPA by using deceptive tactics to encourage in-game purchases and blocking the accounts of users who disputed these charges. To participate in the settlement, eligible players will need to submit a claim form, which will be available on the settlement website if the court approves the deal. For more details, visit the Fortnite website or other trusted sources.
Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024
As per reports, individuals who have made in-app purchases in Fortnite may be eligible for a portion of the $245 million settlement in the Epic Games class-action lawsuit. This settlement stems from allegations of unfair in-app purchases and the use of V-Bucks, the game’s virtual currency. Eligible players can find steps below on how to claim a refund from the settlement. Those who played Fortnite or made in-app purchases between January 2017 and September 2022 may be entitled to a share of the settlement. This includes both children and adults who made purchases during this period. The actual amount received will depend on various factors, but eligible players could expect to receive around $245 for unintentional V-Bucks transactions.
Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Overview
|February 29, 2024
Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Refund Eligible
- You can request a Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Refund if any of these circumstances applied to you as a Fortnite player (or if your parent was paying for the game).
- Players who were charged V-Bucks, Fortnite’s in-game currency, for products they did not want between January 2017 and September 2022.
- Fortnite players who received a credit card charge after a youngster made an inappropriate purchase in the game between January 2017 and November 2018.
- Anyone whose credit card company was used to dispute charges related to transactions made between January 2017 and September 2022 and whose Fortnite account was locked by Epic Games
- Globally, there are millions of Fortnite players, according to FTC data, but only American players are able to submit claims.
- The FTC sent emails to more than 36 million people in September and October informing them that they might be qualified for compensation. Specific claim ID numbers were included in emails.
Fortnite Refund 2024 Payment Amount
The amount of the payment for the Fortnite Refund 2024 varies based on the number of claims. The Federal Trade Commission has notified over 36 million potential recipients, and this number could increase as customers without email notifications can use their Epic account ID to file for compensation. You can choose to receive the refund via PayPal or check. Stay updated on the settlement details by regularly checking Fortnite’s official website, social media accounts, or other reliable sources for information on claim submission and any updates to the settlement process.
How to Claim Refund Out of $245 Million
- You must know that you are Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Refund Eligible.
- Find your Epic account ID, which you may find on the Epic Games website, or your claim number, which the FTC issued you via email.
- Visit theofficial website www.fortniterefund.com created especially for this procedure: FTC v. Epic Games Refund.
- Find the Fortnite Class Action Settlement $245 Million Claim Form 2024 on the website and access it.
- Fill the form with all necessary information about your Fortnite account and personal information may be included in this.
- You can find your account ID on the Epic Games website if you have not get an email with a claim number.
- In order to fill out the claim form, you need to be at least 18. The claim form must be completed on your behalf by a parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18.
What is Fortnite class action settlement 2024?
The Fortnite Class Action Settlement Refund is a reimbursement program that gives you a refund of $245 million. The Fortnite players who make the in-app purchase are eligible to get the benefits of a settlement refund. The deadline for Fortnite gamers to claim the refund amount is 29 February 2024.
Charged for Unwanted In-Game Items
- Time: Jan 2017 to Sep 2022.
- Condition: Players are charged in-game for items they did not intend to purchase. This includes situations where players could have been misled by using the sport’s design into making unintended purchases.
Unauthorized Credit Card Payment with the aid of Minors
- Time: January 2017 to November 2018.
- Condition: If a child (below 18) used a discern’s or parent’s credit score card to make unauthorized purchases in Fortnite. This criterion is specifically big given the COPPA violations.
The Fortnite Class Action Settlement is a significant development for players who have been affected by certain issues in the game. This settlement, totaling $245 million, aims to provide a refund to eligible players who have experienced unauthorized purchases or deceptive practices within the game. If you believe you may be eligible to claim a refund, it is important to check the details of the settlement and submit a claim if applicable. This is an opportunity for affected players to seek restitution and hold the game developers accountable for any wrongdoing. Stay informed and make sure to take advantage of this settlement if it applies to your situation.